Our goal was to have 25 new games coded by the end of the summer. As we had to spend more time researching and thinking of new games later in the summer, progress slowed and we have only managed 21 new games. This is still a robust number and creates a varied, engaging game.
As for our other goals, they mostly included bug fixing and several gameplay fixes. This has been accomplished, for what bugs we have found. We are content that we’ve given this project our all.
This week will be our final week working on the project. That means we are doing basic round up of everything. We are working on our last few games, and have added about 8 games so far this week. Most of these were drawn beforehand and coded this week. It looks like we are going to be able to a decent amount by the end of the project.
Things have been busy lately, but work has been continuing on this project. Our team is concentrating on building up a collection of drawn games, which will be coded and inserted in the main game file next week. If all continues to go well with Flash, we will hopefully be able to keep the quota of games we have set.
Over the past few days, things have been going very well. We are up to 19 mini games coded and added to the game, more than we anticipated for this week. We have been on track with our new schedule. Last night, however, we had some technical difficulties and are temporarily down a computer, though. Hopefully, we will be able to maintain our current progress once that is resolved.
As the second half of the summer begins, our team has drawn upon its experience and created a list of more realistic goals. Unfortunately, Flash has proved more difficult than expected to work with. The process of creating mini-games is straightforward yet more time consuming than initially believed. Errors in code appear inconsistently in Flash, and are complicated to trace and fix. Also, the back end of the overall game file has proved to be very complex and sensitive to changes. As we feel that recreating this back end from scratch will not be worthwhile, we will continue to work from it, adding new games at the reduced rate of 5 per week. Our new list of goals can be found on the Goals page.
We’ve been progressing on creating new games, at about a rate of one game per day. Some of the initial barriers have been overcome. However, we have also encountered problems with the older games. A number are not working correctly, beyond the simple bugs we already knew of. We’ve started fixing these, but it will take some time.
Here is a link to our first presentation, which was given on June 1st, 2012.